We are back with an early edition of our Weekend Guide to Los Angeles. We’ve gathered a list of events around town that don’t revolve around shopping. (Ok, maybe a little bit of shopping.)
Thursday November 23rd
- Want to offset some of the extra calories you’ll be eating for Thanksgiving? Join the Turkey Trot in Downtown Los Angeles for an early morning 5k, 10k, or 1k Widdle Wobble. This is a family friendly event and is great for kids of all ages. Registration is still open! The race starts in front of City Hall in downtown at 8am on Thanksgiving Day.
Tickets: $40+ for adults and $20+ for kids. http://turkeytrot.la
The 5th Annual Turkey Trot is back! Join thousands of runners and walkers for the annual run/walk this year on Thanksgiving morning or stop by to cheer! Kids will also get the chance to participate in the 1 mile Widdle Wobble! 🦃 The race starts and finishes in front of City Hall in DTLA, or head to CBSLA.com and search ‘Thanksgiving Events’ for more info and other great activities! Thank you to @desireeschavez & @butterflyfrazierlove for these great photos! #TurkeyTrot #TurkeyTrotLA #TurkeyTrotLosAngeles #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingLosAngeles #SouthernCalifornia #SoCal
- If you’re south of Los Angeles, you can head over to the Long Beach Turkey Trot. The trot opens at 7am and has several start times.
Tickets: $40+. http://justinrudd.com/trot.html
- Not in the mood for a run? Core power yoga will be hosting special donation classes on Thanksgiving day at all locations. The proceeds from each class will be donated to a local charity.
Suggested donation: $20. https://www.corepoweryoga.com/yoga-events/give-together
Friday, November 24th
- If you’re planning to do some Black Friday shopping, Westfield Century City will be hosting Hot Chocolate Nut Cracker. There will be a performance at 3pm and 7pm at the Atrium. The event is free and you may reserve seats in advance by registering online.
Tickets: Free. https://www.westfield.com/centurycity/holiday/experiences
- The Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles is screening West Side Story. The award winning score will be performed live with the remastered film. If you arrive early, you can enjoy complimentary drinks at Garden while taking in some beautiful DTLA views.
Tickets: $20+. https://www.laphil.com/tickets/west-side-story/2017-11-24
- It’s the last weekend to enjoy one of LA’s most beloved Jazz concert series. LACMA will be holding it’s final Jazz@LACMA this friday with special guest saxophonist and composer Kim Richards and guest vocalist Kimberly Ford.
Tickets: Free. http://www.lacma.org/programs/music
Saturday, November 25th
- Go to your happy place by visiting the Happy Place, a 20,000 square foot pop up in downtown Los Angeles that is meant to delight and entertain you. Fill your instagram feed with photos from the 13 unique rooms which have one goal: to make you happy. Play in the worlds largest confetti dome, blow out candles from a giant birthday cake, or jump off of rainbow diving board into a pot of 25,000 smiley-faced coins.
Tickets: $28 https://www.happyplace.me
- LA Zoo Lights. See the LA Zoo in a whole new light with thousands of twinkling lights decorating the zoo along with special night-time displays. Take advantage of the $10 ticket prices for preview week which runs from November 17 through November 22.
Tickets: $10 – $19.95. November 17 through January 7th, 6pm to 10pm. Official Site
Sunday, November 26th
Thank you for stopping by @abc7la: "Get your skates and get ready to hit the ice at @pershingsquare in Downtown L.A.! The @holidayicerinkdtla opens Thursday. You can glide around the rink while surrounded by the city skyline, under the sun or the stars. They’ll be featuring guest DJ nights, skating exhibitions, ice showcases and theme skating events throughout the season. The rink is open Sunday-Thursday until 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday until 11pm, through Jan. 17. On Wednesdays they’ll be celebrating @disney’s “Aladdin.” Thanks to Eyewitness @therepublicofcalifornia for this cool shot. Share your skating adventures with #abc7eyewitness!" )#happeningindtla #pershingsquare #dtla #socalwinter #dola
- Get in the spirit for the winter holidays by visiting the Pershing Square Ice Rink in Downtown Los Angeles.
Tickets: $4+ http://holidayicerinkdowntownla.com
- There’s also an ice skating rink in Santa Monica. Check out the Ice at Downtown Santa Monica located on 5th and Arizona.
Tickets: $15. http://www.downtownsm.com/ice-at-santa-monica
- You know Christmas is in full swing when the Hollywood Christmas Parade marches down Vine St. This is the parade’s 86th year and promises to be an unforgettable one with Dr.Oz as the Grand Marshall and performances by Donnie and Marie Osmond. There is free curbside viewing throughout the parade route or you can purchase reserved seats.
Free curbside, reserved seats: $85+. http://thehollywoodchristmasparade.org